Monday 6 May 2013

Point and Call and the Windows Phone Ecosystem

So a few days ago I bought a Windows Phone device. So far, I am impressed with the Windows Phone ecosystem.



The nicest thing is that I was finally able to test an app I've been eager to try for months: Point and Call.






Point-and-call in everyday life.



Now, the most interesting part, is that this app uses part of the Accord.NET Framework to do its magic :-)



The app author, Antti Savolainen, was kind enough to share some details about his app. It uses part of the SVMs framelet from Accord.NET to do the digit recognition, mostly based on one of the earlier CodeProject articles I've posted in the past. Needless to say, Antti did an awesome job, as the SVM part was surely just a tiny fraction of all the work in preprocessing, adjusting, locating, and doing the right things at the right times that I would never be able to figure out alone :-)



Surely, he and his company, Sadiga, deserves all the credits for this neat app!



If you would like find more interesting uses of the Accord.NET Framework, don't forget to check the framework's Showcase page for details!




No comments:

Post a Comment